Monday, May 5, 2008

Robert Frost: The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

p/s:
studied tis poem during SPM time...
hate such poem a lot las time cos we ned memorize all its details...
but nw...
tis poem reali suit my feeling...
i'm d 1 standing at d diverged road...
which way shd i go???
which road shd i tk???
wen can i gt d ans???
y we ned 2 make choices???
it may change our life in either gd o bad way...
hope d choice i make til las is GOOD 4 my future...

2 comments:

Shinky said...

Fu yoh! Still can remember all these ak?! So long I already forgotten about it liao. Good good. Your memory sure very geng de. :D

I though you've chosen your road long after you've finished your SPM right? That's why now you are in Accounting... Lolx... Good Luck in your future!

said...

aiyo...
u think i rmb d whole poem meh...
js rmb d meaning oni mah...
d full poem can search online de mah...

we nw goin 2 graduate d...
ned 2 make choices again d le...
life is goin on by making diff choices...
reali hope tat i hv make d right 1...